Dell EMC ViPR Controller
As 3rd platform applications become more mainstream, the ability to provide on demand dynamic infrastructure becomes crucial to business. Software Defined Datacenter constructs enable infrastructure providers to deliver on these needs. Software defined infrastructure management must be:
- Service Based – supporting software-centric control, orchestration,and automation of homogenized datacenter resources
- Autonomous – operate independent of any hardware specific features and be programmatically extensible to the application tier*
Dell EMC has delivered the industry’s first truly software defined storage platform with ViPR Controller – automated provisioning and management of heterogeneous storage hardware for the third platform datacenter:
- Automation of repetitive infrastructure provisioning and management tasks
- REST API based providing easy to use Java, Ruby, and Python SDKs
- Supports storage from Dell EMC, IBM, NetApp, HDS and others
- Plugs into all major cloud stacks, including VMWare, Microsoft, and OpenStack
Dell EMC ViPR Controller brings simple automated service catalog delivery to any datacenter, providing incredible benefits:
- 60 seconds to discover and ingest new storage
- End user access to storage provisioning in five easy steps
- 63% average reduction in time to provision storage
- Up to 73% reduction in storage provisioning costs
- 100% savings in SAN zoning task costs
- Up to 63% savings in VM provisioning costs
Eastern has an industry leading architecture and implementation approach to software defined storage based on Dell EMC ViPR Controller. From assessment to POC to full service catalog implementation, Eastern has provided optimized end to end software defined storage services to some the world’s largest IT service providers. Contact us today to find out how to start your own journey to 3rd platform infrastructure optimization with Eastern and Dell EMC.
EMC and ViPR Controller are either registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT EASTERN AT EASTERN@ECEI.COM.