Get Your HCI Assessment
Let Eastern help you get started.
The VMware approach to modern infrastructure is based on a software-defined hyper-converged architecture across compute, storage, network and security.
This approach delivers enterprise-ready, high-performance infrastructure that is more flexible because it is hardware independent, more agile because it is highly programmable, and more cost effective because it is granularly scalable and based on commodity hardware.
VMware HCI powered by vSAN, a leading storage platform, seamlessly integrates with VMware’s complete software-defined data center (SDDC) stack and leading hybrid cloud offerings to make it the most complete platform for accelerating infrastructure modernization to make IT a strategic, cost-effective advantage for your company.
vSAN 6.7 delivers a new HCI experience architected for the hybrid cloud with operational efficiencies that reduce time to value through a new, intuitive user interface, and provides consistent application performance and availability through advanced self-healing and proactive support insights.
VMware Delivers 5 Essential Capabilities You Need in an HCI Software Solution:
- Simplicity – One integrated software stack with streamlined management
- Lower Total Cost of Ownership – Enterprise performance without enterprise cost
- Ability to Evolve Without Risk – Run mission-critical apps with confidence
- Scalability for Tomorrow – Prepare your data center for future applications
- Deployment Flexibility – Respond quickly to changing business demands
HCI powered by VMware vSAN – available through a broad set of deployment options for greater customization – is composed of three differentiating and best in class solutions:
- VMware vSphere® – the hypervisor that defines the industry standard
- VMware vCenter Server™ – a unified and extensible management solution
- VMware vSAN™ – a software-defined, enterprise-class storage solution that is uniquely embedded in the hypervisor
vSAN helps customers modernize their infrastructure with the leading HCI solution. This new release of vSAN is important because it
• Delivers the first native HCI security to help customers evolve without risk.
• Lowers the total cost of ownership for enhanced stretched clusters and through intelligent, one-click operations.
• Optimizes performance for new applications and all-flash hardware platforms, allowing customers to scale for tomorrow.
vSAN is VMware’s software-defined storage solution, built from the ground up for vSphere virtual machines. It abstracts and aggregates locally attached disks in a vSphere cluster to create a storage solution that can be provisioned and managed from vCenter and the vSphere Web Client.
vSAN is hypervisor-converged – that is – storage and compute for VMs are delivered from the same x86 server platform running the hypervisor. It integrates with the entire VMware stack, including features like vMotion, HA, DRS etc. VM storage provisioning and day-to-day management of storage SLAs can all be controlled through VM-level policies that can be set and modified on-the-fly with Storage Policy Based Management (SPBM).>
Dell EMC VxRail™ Appliance – A turnkey appliance that comes fully integrated, pre-configured, and tested with specific software to automate configuration and life-cycle management
VMware Cloud Foundation – A consistent infrastructure platform that delivers cloud flexibility and choice, simplifying the deployment and management of all software-defined compute, storage and network resources through vSphere, vSAN and NSX.
VMware vCloud Air Network – A global ecosystem of cloud providers offering validated services based on VMware technology.
Digital Transformation in the Data Center 2
Digital disruptors are shaking up the rules, using fast innovation to gain market share and pull ahead of challengers who are still clinging to traditional business models.
The digital economy is transforming every industry, driving rapid, fundamental changes in businesses and their operating models. These changes aren’t simply a passing trend, but the new reality. Read the entire eBook (PDF)
A modern infrastructure is based on a software-defined architecture that spans compute, storage, network, and security. This architecture enables an enterprise-ready, highperformance data center that is:
- More flexible, because it’s hardware-independent
- More agile, because it’s highly programmable
- More cost effective, because it’s scalable and based on commodity hardware.
- More secure, because network and security policies can be attached to individual workloads
As technology continues to evolve, IT must adjust to changing needs. Between expectations for mobility, a growing user base, diverse platforms, and a multitude of applications, traditional infrastructure is no longer enough to manage everything and still stay on top. It’s time for a new approach. Download to read the entire eBook (PDF)
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT EASTERN AT EASTERN@ECEI.COM.